Get Free Moving Quotes
Should You Hire Office Movers?
based on 1 visitor(s)
|Whether your office is expanding and needs an upgrade, or you're downsizing and want to save on overhead, relocating an entire office is a strenuous and stressful task. It requires extensive planning to move your office and employees while staying open at the same time. One of the most important decisions to make regarding your corporate move is whether or not to hire a commercial moving company. Weigh the pros and cons of professionals vs. DIY to pick the best choice for your office move.
Commercial office relocation
Commercial office movers will come in and pack up your office for you, transport it to a new location and set it up for you. This is probably the best bet if your employees are not helping with the move.
- Professional commercial movers are trained and experienced in office moves and can protect and pack fragile furniture that is easily damaged. They know the best ways to carry oddly sized items and it is their job to take care of your belongings.
- They do all of the heavy lifting so you don't have to. Moving can be a physical burden on you and your employees. Professional movers have the tools and experience necessary to move your whole office. They will take away the stress of moving, leaving you free to focus on other things.
- Your business will be able to remain open for the majority of the move. The only down time will be when the essential equipment is moved. If someone else is doing the moving, your employees will be able to work right through it.
- There is always a risk when hiring an outside company of things getting lost or broken. Even the most professional movers can still have accidents. It is always the best decision to move your most important documents and belongings yourself.
- Movers won't necessarily set everything up exactly as you want it. They'll unload, but chances are you'll have to do some rearranging afterwards to set up the office in the most functional way for your company.
- They may not stick to the time frame you originally intended. Sometimes it is too easy to get stuck with an unreliable or rogue moving company. They can pick up and deliver your belongings late, or not at all, or they may hold your stuff hostage. If you do decide to go with professionals, make sure to do a background check to make sure they're legit.
DIY office moves
Moving your office yourself might seem like an overwhelming and terrible idea. But, if the whole office comes together to help out, it will be as painless as possible. Each employee can have his or her own responsibility during the move to ensure that it stays organized and nothing gets left behind. Everything will be set up exactly as you want it and sensitive documents will be handled with care.
One of the major downsides to moving yourself, is that your office will need to be shut down for the duration of the move and however long it takes to get up and running in the new location. This could be a few hours, or a couple of days depending on the size and distance of the relocation. DIY moves will save you money, but they won't save you time. It's up to you to decide which is more beneficial for your company.
Author : Amy Meerovich
on July 22, 2016
TopMoving.ca - Moving Expert