Get Free Moving Quotes
How to Celebrate After a Move
|There's nothing better than being able to celebrate the end of a particularly stressful task, and celebrating after a move into a new home is a perfect way to do just that.
Pop the champagne, because you are officially moved!
Hold a miniature after move party
Once all the boxes and furniture have been moved into your home, celebrate a job well done with everyone and thank the people who helped you move (loved ones and professional movers included).
This is also a great way to de-stress now that the bulk of your move -- minus the unpacking process -- is over.
- Dependent on the weather, offer your movers hot or cold drinks to relax (as per various laws, alcohol to legal adults only please!)
- Order food from a local eatery to both provide nourishment and say thanks to your helpers
- This is also a great way to test a local food delivery establishment in your neighbourhood for future use
Organize an unpacking shindig
Make the dull and tiresome task of unpacking an event the whole family can enjoy (or at least suffer through together) by holding an unpacking party.
- Play music to distract your family members while they unpack
- Preferably music the whole family might like or at least agree on
- Work together to create an enjoyable playlist with something for everyone
- Have each family member unpack their own rooms
- Work on shared rooms and areas with your family as a way to bring them together
- Celebrate a job well done after the unpacking with a warm meal and a nice family bonding activity such as a board game or movie
Take some time to yourself
Especially stressed out after your move? Celebrate the end of all things moving related by treating yourself to some rest and relaxation.
- Pamper yourself with a trip to a local spa for a day
- Go for a stress-free walk around your new neighbourhood or local park
- Relax with a hot bath, a cup of tea and a good book
Be a guilt-free couch potato while watching a comforting movie or television show
- Or just curl up with that aforementioned book
Do something with immediate family
Sure your friends and loved ones may want to celebrate your move with you, but when all is said and done you need to also celebrate in a relaxed manner with those you live with.
- Research calm and casual restaurants in your new community to eat out at once the move is officially over
- Take in a movie (or even dinner and a movie)
Choose a family-friendly activity everyone can enjoy
- A local event in your new neighborhood such as a fair or festival
Consider retail therapy
Yet another way to celebrate after your move is by purchasing things (large and small) for your new home.
Assuming you still have the budget to do so, treat your home and yourself to something new, whether its a new accent piece, some artwork or even a new paint colour to liven things up.
Have a housewarming party
To celebrate after your move and to help cement in your mind that your new house will soon be your home, hold a housewarming party with friends, family and people from your old neighbourhood! Assuming they live in travel distance of course.
If you make the event open to the entire neighbourhood, this is also a great way to meet your neighbours or get to know ones you've already met even better.
TIP: There is no hard and fast rule for when to hold a housewarming party, just do whatever feels right to you. AKA when you are comfortable showing off your home to loved ones.
Don't forget, no matter how you choose to celebrate the end of your move, just relax. The hard stuff is over. You did it!