Get Free Moving Quotes
How to Thank Movers for Their Help
|Your moving team (whether they are hired moving professionals or your family and friends) will be working really hard for you on moving day, so it's important to find appropriate ways to thank them and pass along your gratitude.
Assist them during the move
Sure it's the mover's job to move your belongings (assuming you haven't asked your loved ones for their assistance), but that doesn't mean you can't help in many ways large and small, even if it's not doing the heavy lifting.
- When you find yourself standing around with nothing to do, help out by carrying boxes or some light furniture to assist during your move (after all, every little bit goes a long way)
- Ensure that movers are able to transport your things without anything standing in their way
- Remove dangerous or obstructing obstacles whenever possible, preferably before the move
- Keep pets and children from being underfoot during the move
- Be available and on hand to help movers with any questions they may have
Provide for their needs
Even though they're technically working for you the day of your move, it's important to remember that the movers you've hired are humans and therefore have basic human requirements that should be taken care of.
- Give your movers water to help keep them hydrated (especially on hot days)
- Offer them food if you and your family happen to be ordering in and eating around meal times (they might not accept it depending on their company's rules, but it's the thought that counts)
- Allow them to use the restroom when nature calls
- Make sure bathrooms are stocked with the hand soap, paper towels and toilet paper from your first night survival kit
TIP: When your movers are working on hot days, set aside a shady area with snacks and water to help them avoid dehydration. There is also the option to put this rest station inside in your air conditioned home.
Have an end of move celebration
When all is said and done with your move at the end of the day, celebrate a job well done with a mini after moving party.
Order some sustenance and crack some beers for the legal adults because even the smallest offers by way of thanks are appreciated - though you should save the beer for after the actual moving is complete.
If your movers were comprised of your friends and family, order out or cook an intimate thank you meal for the members of the moving party who stuck with you throughout the difficult day.
Praise them through their employer
When the move is over, continue to show your movers that you care by reaching out to their employer and telling them what a good job was done by all employees.
Of course, this doesn't need to be done in person, you may also consider reaching out via:
- Phone or voicemail
- A handwritten letter
Send a thank you note
There's nothing that says you care more than a handwritten thank you note to the movers and the moving company for their superior service.
TIP: Thank you notes sent to your loved ones also wouldn't go amiss.
Sending a note also works two-fold as it thanks the movers for their help and informs their boss that they did such a good job that you took the time out of your lengthy after move to-do list to express your gratitude.
Handwritten correspondence is few and far between these days and a thank you note may be just the way to show how much you appreciated the help. You'll get a spot on the company bulletin board for sure.
Review the moving company
The final way you can show your movers thanks is by reviewing them, their work and their company.
Not only will it help your movers get more work in the future, but it's also a nice way to praise them on the hard work they completed while moving your home.
Just imagine how much more skilled they will be at moving your things the next time you need to relocate!